My Profile/ My Belly Gallery/ My Family Website/ Diantha's Site/ Denzel's Page/ Dale's Space/ My Guest Book

Thursday, October 21, 2004

My Teaching Experience !


TEFL Institute Oct.20: My Final Presentation Posted by Hello

I really had so much fun attending my teaching course in TEFL (Teaching English as Foreign Language) @ TEFL Institute in Silom Plaza here in Bangkok. It's a 120-hrs course of lectures, discussions, lesson planning, presentations, brain storming & on-hand teaching experience. I've met some new personalities from all walks of life & it's a worthy experience. During my first presentation, that was after a week of learning some teaching basic techniques, I was so nervous and even searched the web for additional infos. on the topic I will discuss. Thanks goodness! that everything went just well and whew!...then came our 3hrs. final exams...the moment of truth! We started @ 10:30 in the morning on Oct. 19. My American-Mexican classmate, Gus finished first...then I followed 30 mins. after him. I could say that I did very well although, I am not feeling very well for the past days 'coz of my morning sickness. I had one mistake at the last part of the exam...hehehe...that was a relief though...cause, I was not expecting to have a 100% result but then, I've got 99%. The next day was scheduled for our final presentation: a lesson of our choice. I decided to present something about Halloween since it's almost trick or treat'n time. I prepared some halloween materials which I gathered from the internet and prepared some halloween decors. I even downloaded some halloween music and brought my laptop with me for some spooky effects! Everyone in my class enjoyed the presentation (based on their comments!) and I really am so happy & relieved. Now, I still have one more lesson to go @ Goodwill in Ruamrudee with Michael from Belgium. It's part of our 6-hrs teaching practice wherein I have students aged 29-33 yrs. old. Graduation is on the 22nd.

0 Comments:

<< Home

  • 8th Month!
  • 7th Month!
  • 6th Month!
  • 5th Month!
  • 4th Month!
  • Third Month!
  • Second Month!
  • First Month!