My Profile/ My Belly Gallery/ My Family Website/ Diantha's Site/ Denzel's Page/ Dale's Space/ My Guest Book

Monday, May 16, 2005

A Perfect Gift...On Mother's Day ! The Arrival of Christine Diantha ( My Birth Story )

Christine Diantha or simply Diantha (pronounced as “Dee-yan-tha”) entered our world exactly on Mother’s Day, Sunday night (May 8th) to personally greet me & her grandma at exactly 10:25 p.m. She weighed 6 lbs. 4 oz. and was 18.9 inches long. She was full term @ 37 weeks (9 months & a week) at birth. Delivered 20 deg. Franck Breech via Cesarian Operation @ Perpetual Help Medical Center, Las Pinas City.


Meet Our Divine Flower, Diantha! Posted by Hello

Last Pre-Natal Check-Up :

Last Friday during my pre-natal check with Dr. Hayag, was my 36th week "cervix is still closed and 50% effaced" . I was scheduled to have another pelvic ultrasound the coming week to check on baby’s position , my OB feared that she’s still in breech position. She then told us that I am already in full term and ready to have Diantha anytime. We even asked for a hospital admittance slip just in any case I would feel like having Diantha the coming days before my next check-up. Dr. Hayag then give us a recommendation to admit slip, wherein, type of IV and name of Doctors (anaesthesiology & pediatrician) and others were noted. Denise and I , both had mixed emotions: nervous, excited , scared & still very exhausted with our never ending house settling in from our more than 2 year stay in Bangkok. I still hadn’t completely packed my baby & hospital bags yet, we’re still waiting for our shipment, all we have were the wonderful baby shower gifts, plus some stuff I bought while in Makati...others were Denzel & Dale's baby items which I kept in good shape.

Happy Mothers Day !!!

Sunday, May 8 : Mother’s Day… I was not feeling well when I got up from bed…I thought it was the very hot weather plus the strong smell of paint from the bathroom ceiling my hubby painted the day before…I am feeling uneasy and so dizzy that I needed to take rest after eating lunch. I didn’t even touch my food for I only wanted to lie down and relax for awhile. We even asked a “manicurista” to give us an in-house service for I really felt so worn-out! I needed something that could make me feel better… so maybe a manicure and pedicure will do then, hehehe. I even joked hubby that I might give birth that day… Late afternoon , Hubby asked me if I can still travel to Paranaque to hear mass @ the Saint Andrews Church at 7:30 p.m. I said ok, and off we went. Mothers were then blessed after the mass. Hubby paid a short visit to his old friends playing basketball at the said place… I tasted this new Mango shake sold just outside the church and munched on some popcorn my kids were eating after the mass while waiting for hubby in the parking lot. That was already 8:00 pm.
Footlings on the Loose !

I started having some cute friendly little contractions so I figured "hey! these are those braxton hicks that everyone who's been walking around dilated at 2 or 3 cm has been complaining about. I really am not feeling well, so I suggested that maybe after dropping off the kids home from church, we can drop by the hospital to check on my cervix. I just wanna make sure how’s everything doin’ inside because it’s getting late and I really am not sure of what I’m feeling. So, hubby and I then went to Perpetual Help Medical Center, just a few minutes drive from our place in Las Pinas @ around 8:45 pm. I went straight to the E.R. and presented my HealthCard. Informed them of my situation and then signed several papers. I was still so hoping that everything's still intact. A resident lady doctor came in and asked me to lie down at bed 7. She then asked several questions, then finally performed IE to check on my cervix. After a while, she asked me if I am scheduled for a C-Section and how many weeks I am at the moment. She can’t feel the baby’s head but rather tiny fingers, instead...she asked me when was my last U/S scan and it’s result. She even said that I was 4 cm dilated and needed to be admitted ! Oh My !!! we’re not ready yet!!! So I asked her, if I can still go back home to get our things including the cameras and all that…but she said that it is not anymore advisable for me to get up, I needed to stay in bed. Oh My God! I asked the nurse to call on Hubby and told him about the result, we’re both so confused, nervous, scared and all that!!! I am not even decided what kind of cut I wanted for my C-Operation. Bikini or the easy Horizontal. I can’t believed this really is happening , and the thing is… Right NOW!

Everything went so fast! At half past 9, Hubby went back home…Mother In Law came in…and I was heading my way at the Ultrasound Room and there she was in the monitor…Big Time Footlings heading first!!! It’s now confirm…We are having a C-Section Operation.

I'm Havin' A Baby...:

I was then moved to the Operating Room adjacent to the U/S Room. I was started on I.V. put on gas mask and a head cap. Everything came so quick!!! I wanted to asked them to please wait for my husband bec. he’s getting the video & the digicam and I know he’s on his way back to the hospital…we wanted to record this very important moment! but I was already feeling relax and sleepy . I was so worried we won't be able to document this moment...please, wait for my husband ! I heard and saw my Ob came. My anaesthesiology also came and gave me two shots of anaesthesia, one in my left arm which was a Big Time heavy one! then, another shot in my back…I then felt someone shaving my abdomen down to my thighs. I can feel that, We’re Almost There!!!

welcome to the world!!! Posted by Hello


I was slightly awaken by a loud baby cry in the background…then I finally came back to my senses that I was inside the OR and havin a baby ! My Gosh!!! Is that my baby crying??? It’s a strong loud cry… I can hear everyone’s busy…I can hear the suction and some equipments running plus a baby’s cry. I wanted to hear someone say the gender of my baby… but no one is mentioning such. Then a lady showed me my baby… I noticed the black thick hair and eyebrowse, the red lips and the loud cry… I then finally asked… is it a girl? (babae po ba sya?) and they said yes…ahhh…My Diantha !!! then, a camera flashes as Diantha and I bonded for a short while before I finally went back to sleep…and she, went to the NICU for further observation.

Baby & Me...finally ! Posted by Hello

I was moaning and still can’t move a lot, I still felt so tired, as somebody moved me to another bed and finally brought me to my private room where dear hubby’s waiting for more than 2 hrs.

My Divine Flower

Diantha was roomed-in with me and I started to breastfed her after 24 hrs. of delivery to be sure that she’s fine and A- ok to check-out from the NICU. I was kinda shocked to handed a very tiny baby after 5 years ! hahaha…I can't explain the feeling ! it’s really back to”zero” parenthood hahaha…Denzel and Dale adored their sweet tiny , fragile little sister and they just can’t get enough! Diantha's such an angel !
... the AfterMath !

As for me and the aftermath of C-Section birth, while Diantha was taken to the NICU, I stayed in bed waiting for my anaesthesia to wear off. They told me that I can’t use a pillow until 6 am and and I can’t take any food yet. I also needed to fart to check that everything is alright and in place. They told me to change positions and move a bit from time to time…so, though still in pain…I tried lying on my left side and then, I farted twice, successfully! Hahaha. What a relief. Around 9 a.m. my nurse came to washed me up. I could move my legs all the way, but still don’t have the strength to move around. I was ordered to be on soft diet in the afternoon and started my antibiotics. In the evening, after the cathether and the IV were removed…I asked Hubby to help me get into the bathroom to pee. He got me out of bed and I was in deep pain as my feet landed on the floor…ouch!!!haha. So I had to hold on to Denise unto the bathroom.
Say Hello Diantha!

Bette paid us a visit in the hospital on a Monday afternoon. She’s also praying for a sweet baby girl . They have 3 boys. Sisterette Beth & hubby Archie with their lovely daughter, Rein also came on Tuesday with their cute Lamaze Jungle Wrist Toy for Diantha. Rizza and Raymund with their son Gio also visited us on the same day. I was released Wednesday morning.
the Long Wait is finally Over...
I’m just glad that my milk came in and is flowing all the time Diantha need to breastfeed. We announced the said peaceful and most awaited arrival of Diantha with all our loving family & friends the next day after the delivery.
So, there’s our saga. It was a very peaceful birth and we are very blessed with having a Divine Flower to add up with our two prince, Denzel & Dale. A healthy baby Girl to be called Diantha went home with us. She looks like her big brother Denzel and very much like her Papa…
Here’s a website to see her pictures. My Arrival ! I’ll be updating them as I pull them off the digital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • 8th Month!
  • 7th Month!
  • 6th Month!
  • 5th Month!
  • 4th Month!
  • Third Month!
  • Second Month!
  • First Month!