My Profile/ My Belly Gallery/ My Family Website/ Diantha's Site/ Denzel's Page/ Dale's Space/ My Guest Book

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Pregnancy Diary: 4th Month... Growing Pains, Growing Excitement!

I thought that announcing we are expecting a Girl was going to be a really, really happy event. And for the most part, it was. Both sets of parents were ecstatic, naturally, and plenty of my pals literally shrieked. But as I've been reading through some UltraSound Scan results from other expecting parents comments...wherein some ended up the other way around...made me feel so uneasy...and quite, worried. I worry 'coz we really are hoping for a little princess...but it should be ok for us if we'll be blessed with another boy...as long as it is healthy. And having boys was really a great experience not to mention that, I am the Queen & the Princess rolled into one in our Family...hehehe...but then again, since we were given the hope of expecting a Princess made us really so Happy!

We got pregnant within the six months period of my going off the Pill (which basically is the normal period). And we really are contented with that. My pants are getting a bit tight -- no surprise, considering I'm in my fourth month and not to mention that this is my third pregnancy. Good thing that I was able to shop beforehand on some Maternity pants and bit by bit...on blouses, but not those regular maternity blouses stuff...but blouses that are comfy & 2 size bigger than my usual. I also shopped for cotton free-size briefs, (Actually, Wacoal First in LL size...you know the kids stuff..hehehe) because I am not comfortable with the silk or nylon thing underpants.We even started shopping for some baby stuff as early as September last year, coz' we really are trying to conceived that time.And as soon as we learnt that we are on the way... we then started buying clothes for the baby as well especially on the month of December when ShoppingMalls really had so many stuffs on Sale. We tried to pick colors that can go for a girl or a boy. I know I'm going to go nuts shopping, all those little outfits are just out-of-control adorable, especially the girl clothes and lately, right after we've learned about we are expecting Diantha... I can't help but started picking up some cute & girly like clothes! But then again, I refrained doing so after a couple of days...for we might end up wrong...still need to have another UltraSound Scan to re-confirm maybe on my next Pre-Natal Appoinment...hope Diantha stays Diantha til' then! hihihi...

My Triple Marker Test ( for Down's Syndrome) came back Normal like my previous blood test ( I tell you, the first one was really scary ! They need to get 3-vials of blood from my arm and I just almost fainted! hahaha) . One Hospital Staff from Bumrungrad called me last Wednesday, the 12th of this month and informed me that evrything is Normal... It's quite quick really, coz' we are expecting the result after two-weeks (Jan. 21)... and it just feel good...that's one less thing to worry.
I have to say, my fourth month has otherwise not that fine, I mean... I've been feeling several pregnancy uneasiness : dizziness, backaches, heartburn , shortness of breathe and round ligaments pains. I even feel that my tummy's so stretched already although it's only been 4 months and I still need 5 more heck of months to go! hehehe... I even missed several chapters of What To Expect When You're Expecting & I really need to go on with the book. Can't even concentrate with our loads of pictures to be edited ! Whew! been really so lazy and not in the mood lately too... . What's amazing is that - I felt the baby moving for the first time. At first, it was barely perceptible, just like little butterflies floating around my belly. Before I knew it, they turned into full-fledged kicks. I smile every single time I feel one. If my eldest son, Denzel's around, I grab his hand so he can try to feel it but he can't yet. This is just between the baby and me. My two lovely boys just love pampering me by massaging my belly with Nivea or Johnson's Vitamin E Lotion and they really love kissing my belly too! Just so sweet...They too, are so excited about this pregnancy & can't wait to cuddle their little sister soon.Denzel even wrote in his School Journal with a Theme : What Makes You Happy as he wrote ; What Makes Me Happy is when my baby sister comes out from my Mom's tummy... and that went as his number one on his list of 8! really touching... Hubby also have the same thing, he's so excited and he's now more protective to me than ever...hahaha. Every morning, he not just kiss us before going to work, but he never forget to kiss my belly too... as he asked..."Diantha, what are you doing there?"...

At night, we lie in bed, I place 1 pillow each on my side and an extra one on my head. I started not to lie on my back but on my sides. And it's really hard to get some sleep nowadays...whew!; I sure haven't felt many urges to have sex lately. I figure one of these days those old hormones will kick in. Hubby's been very understanding .

We also completed our 9-Day Novena to St. Raymund Nonnatus (Patron Saint of Expecting Mothers) as we give thanks to this upcoming blessing & asked for his Guidance on my healthy & safe Pregnancy...til' I deliver... and at the same time, Our deepest prayer to really have a Princess to cuddle with ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • 8th Month!
  • 7th Month!
  • 6th Month!
  • 5th Month!
  • 4th Month!
  • Third Month!
  • Second Month!
  • First Month!