My Profile/ My Belly Gallery/ My Family Website/ Diantha's Site/ Denzel's Page/ Dale's Space/ My Guest Book

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

The color of the Stream...Loy Krathong!


Sharin' Mom & Family Celebrates Loy Krathong... Posted by Hello

One of Thailand's major events annually held on the full moon night of 12th lunar month, which for this year falls on 26th November. On the night, the watercourse will be lit up with countless "Kratong", a floating lantern made of banana leaves & flowers. The ceremony is an important ritual in Eatern society since the ancient time. It is an apology from human to the Mother Nature for using her soil and water to grow crops and feed livestock and it is widely believed to be more than 3,000 years ago even before the advent of Buddhism.

My family and I joined this popular festival by floating our "Kratongs" (Denzel & Dale's school project) at the Benjasiri Queen's Park beside the Emporium Shopping Mall. It's our first time to float a Kratong although we've been here for more than 2 years...


My children also celebrated this colorful & bright festival during their schooldays at Melodies International Kindergarten...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • 8th Month!
  • 7th Month!
  • 6th Month!
  • 5th Month!
  • 4th Month!
  • Third Month!
  • Second Month!
  • First Month!