My Profile/ My Belly Gallery/ My Family Website/ Diantha's Site/ Denzel's Page/ Dale's Space/ My Guest Book

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

"My 12 Days of Christmas"... Day 10 *several Highs & Lows...*

On the 10th Day of Christmas.... I've had several Highs & Lows...

"... Highs : I dreamt about my Baby for the 1st time and it was so REAL !..." " Excited for our Singapore Trip"..." My Upcoming UltraSound to know the baby's gender..." which also happens to be the same day for ... Lows : "My upcoming AFP Test * how I really feel about it... " " Extension's uncertain status..grrr..." plus so many more things bothering me, pop out this day!..."

During my sleep last night, I dreamed about something of a weird scene...not so clear @ first but when I went back to sleep...the dream continued and this time it felt so real & so clear! I'll just keep the details by myself (sorry to leave you hanging...but I wanted to wait if that dream will happen or will just be a dream...) but I really felt so good when I woke up this morning and that I guarantee!

Anyways, I am kinda confuse and nervous about my upcoming Pre-Natal Appointment on January 7, 2005...I am schedule to have my "Triple Marker Test" or what they call : AFP ... I thought it was the "Amniocenthesis Test" and from what I read this "amnio test" is not that advisable since it might trigger miscarriage...and that really chicken me out ! But then again, I tried to search through BabyCenter re: the difference between this two procedure & found out that they're two different tests: Triple Marker Test is done thru blood sample while Amnio is done thru amniotic fluid directly from a pregnant mother's belly. I was kinda releived tho, but still uncertain if I'll push through with the procedure...I wanted to chicken out because I am afraid to learn if the baby's not doing well...what if something's not normal...? I never had this test with my first 2 kids and they just went well, thank God!... that's why this test is so new to me... keeping my fingers crossed & praying that everything will turn out to be just fine.

Let me show you what AFP Test Measures :
The multiple marker test measures levels of three pregnancy hormones: alpha-fetoprotein (AFP), human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG), and unconjugated estriol (uE3). When this compound is added to the test, the detection rate for Down syndrome increases to between 67 and 76 percent in women younger than 35.)The test is usually given between 15 and 20 weeks of pregnancy, with 16 to 18 weeks (when the hormone levels are most consistent) being the optimum time. You'll have a blood sample taken, usually from your arm, and sent to a lab for analysis.

more info about the AFP or Triple Marker Test
click here !

But on the contrary, I am as well excited for that day because...we would be able to know the baby's gender by then... hope baby will cooperate... "Thinking PINK!"



my upcoming Triple Marker Test Appointment Posted by Hello


And nowadays, I really feel so bloated...it seems like my tummy just Pop Out & I cannot do anything to control it...I am feeling so stretched and my blouses & shirts doesn't fit me anymore... ahh...I really am having a baby and the transformation is unstoppable ! hahaha... I was actually hoping to fit into my clothes until after our Singapore trip...but my baby's really gettin' some attention now...hihihi...

Also, we are getting so annoyed & feeling unhappy because our extension's not yet confirm...my husband's company hadn't received their customers approval on the project just yet...and now we're left hanging & plans went still & undecided... again...

Hope everything goes well after Christmas... anyhow, I shall enjoy our Singapore vacation with my Family which is now fast approaching 2 days to go!!!

9th, " Arranged our Singapore Itenerary "; 8th, " Packed our Things for our 4-day Singapore Christmas Holiday! "; 7th, " Bought our Kids their Christmas Presents & Traditional New Christmas Clothes "; 6th, " Reminisced Bkk Sisterettes' 1st Christmas Party @ Hard Rock Cafe "; 5th, " Someone not close to me noticed my growing belly for the first time & asked if I am havin' a baby "; 4th, " Bangkok Sisterette & Family Christmas Party"; 3rd, "Received our kids letter for Santa" ; 2nd, "Attended our kids School Christmas Party"...and... " Mailed all our M&S Greeting Cards..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • 8th Month!
  • 7th Month!
  • 6th Month!
  • 5th Month!
  • 4th Month!
  • Third Month!
  • Second Month!
  • First Month!