My Profile/ My Belly Gallery/ My Family Website/ Diantha's Site/ Denzel's Page/ Dale's Space/ My Guest Book

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Say it with Roses...Happy Heart's Day!

The Origin of the Rose

No other flower is more commonly used than the rose. You might find it hard to believe that the rose originated in the center of the Asian continent above the Earth's equator and spread to the Northern Hemisphere. Fossils found in the US show that the wild rose is at least 40 million years old! Todate man has created 200 varieties from the original eight wild rose breeds.

English word "Rose" comes from "Rhodon", Greek for Rose. The rose has been used as symbol for many things especially Love. In addition, the rose color given on Valentine's Day has implicit meaning. And, not surprisingly, a survey of women found that their favorite flower is the Rose.

Some Number of Roses sent and it's interpretation

1 = You're the only one for me
2 = There's only you and I
3 = I Love You
4 = I Love You Forever
7 = Marriage is in our Future
9 = Let's stay together forever
33 = Love for three lifetimes
50 = Eternal Love
365 = I miss you everyday
999 = I'll Love you even when earth and heaven are no more
10,000 = I'll love you for thousands and thousands of years.

Have the Sweetest Valentine !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • 8th Month!
  • 7th Month!
  • 6th Month!
  • 5th Month!
  • 4th Month!
  • Third Month!
  • Second Month!
  • First Month!