My Profile/ My Belly Gallery/ My Family Website/ Diantha's Site/ Denzel's Page/ Dale's Space/ My Guest Book

Friday, October 20, 2006

A Surprise Birthday Bash for a Very Wonderful Family Man


especially for you papa!

I gave hubby his first ever but simple surprise birthday party the day before his 2006 bday on October 14. It was a Saturday afternoon and his real big day was the following day, the 15th. Planning a surprise party isn’t that easy most especially to the man you love the most. You fear that timing might not be good, or his friends might not make it or the surprise might be spoiled, the planned day might not be perfect…and all that ! I’ve been planning this day a year ago but I can’t find the perfect timing...

I fear and worry about his uncertain work schedule…what if he’s out of the country? How about the place? Will our under construction house be ok by then?…or will hubby appreciate it or not…knowing he’s not fond of petty surprises and those stuffs…but behind all those worries…I still went on with my plan. And this time, MIL’s behind my back supporting me all the way! Hahaha…thank God for having a very supportive in-laws .

To cut the story short, we started with the plan a week and a half away from the said target date. I asked my house contractor if they can fix the lightings in the house and if they can at least set-up one BathRoom for that Big Day. Although the kitchen completion really didn’t make it, still so thankful that there’s lightings, outlets & bathroom. Our house’s still got a long way to go before completion because we’re having financial problems with the contractor. But I don’t wanna talk about that this time..hahaha. But the best thing is that, I was able to convince hubby to purchase the needed lighting fixtures without him knowing nor even give him a slight hint that there’s something going on with the rush. Hahaha. I was so good at convincing him that time and was very glad to have made it without spoiling the surprise.


birThDay BaNnER

I sought Sisterette Agnes's help to take care of the invited Motorolans ( past & present that is) including the Sisses of course. Then I started calling and sending invitations via SMS to his close friends & family. I also made my catering reservations @ Queensland.

Whew !

Everything’s almost set the day before the party when MIL got a txt message from Ninang Azon that there’s gonna be a 3-day scheduled power outage beginning that day . Which means from Friday until Sunday ! What??? And the party’s on Saturday…oh no! you can’t be serious! Of all the days…why now!!! Nooooooo…I felt like peeing on my pants and my sweat as cold ice water right straight from the ref! I hurriedly dialed my contractors number and asked them if they lend us a generator even for that afternoon…and they gladly said yes…whew! So all set again…ready for whatever brown-outs, black-outs Meralco will serve us that day…hahaha… but the bug catch was that...there were no outages whatsoever that day not even until the moment I am posting this...

Blindfolded


The D Day…

My problem was solved on how to bring hubby away from the site that day…it so happened that sisterette Brenda’s cute & bubbly daughter Jasmin is gonna have her 2ndBday party @ 1 in the pm. Just so perfect coz’ some of the guests are also attending the party and the surprise…just Perfect!

Cake & Confetti



After Jasmin’s Bday Party which was held in QC…we headed back home but another problem arises…Hubby & the kids wanted to have a shopping spree @ the Coastal Mall…Helloooo! Guests are already hungry waiting for the Celebrant…Oh No ! Will somebody help me!!! Please….hehehe

Happy Birthday Papa!!! We Love You!

Still my boys continued with their plan of stopping by over the mall…I can’t do anything but put on my grimace face and got even nervous and worried for guests were already waiting for us…At Last, they accomplished their guy thingy and I helplessly asked them to leave…but of course without hubby noticing anything at all…isn’t it hard to pretend nothings going on…hahaha…better try it yourself ! hahaha

And off we went….broommmm…hurray we’re moving and getting closer…I texted MIL of the changed plan…my 1st plan was to get all the guests upstairs and the others at the backdoor and when we got home they’ll pop-out and surprise hubby…but I thought about it twice and changed the plan…I asked them to just stay sitted on their tables and just be quiet until we get there and I’ll just blindfold hubby when we reached the guardhouse. And that I did, Upon entering the Village’s Guard House…I asked hubby to park and stay at the backsit…I blindfolded him and told him to just please stay put and pls. don’t peep…hahaha…I then handled the steering wheel and drove until we reached the site and then Thank God, for everything went on as planned and was very successful !

We had a Blast! Thank you guys who joined us for this very memorable surprise party…! God Bless…


with my sisterettes & their family


And to Papa…Happy Happy Birthday…we love you so much! Muahhh!!!
thankies :
I thank all the designers whose beautiful crafts helped me a lot photo editing this post.

2 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger aderiko said...

hello there...just a passerby who loves your blog a lot...your daughter is veri cute...you must be a very good designer.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Sharin'Mom said...

hi there ! thanks for dropping by and for your compliments...I owe some of my elements from friends & online.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • 8th Month!
  • 7th Month!
  • 6th Month!
  • 5th Month!
  • 4th Month!
  • Third Month!
  • Second Month!
  • First Month!