My Profile/ My Belly Gallery/ My Family Website/ Diantha's Site/ Denzel's Page/ Dale's Space/ My Guest Book

Friday, February 17, 2006

My Jumbo Kingdom Valentine


2005 Valentine's Day, hubby & I celebrated it with a Brazilian touch in FoGo ViVo Brazilian Restaurant in Bangkok. I was 6 months preggy with Diantha then.
This year, we had Chinese with our kids and my Valentino surprised me in 4 wonderful unexpected ways! Allow me to count them:

1. Hubby surprised me by not going to work and stayed home with me on VDay & visited our house being constructed in Citadella

2. @ around 4:30 in the pm Diantha, Me & hubby we're in the bedroom when our housemaid approached me asking me if I ordered some flowers...whoa! a dozen of red roses...it's been awhile! I told hubby not to buy me bouquet of flowers but instead, let me just buy flowers myself for practicality. It's cheaper & I can choose the flowers I like... but hey! sometimes it's also a good feeling to receive something delivered in your doorsteps unexpectedly...
3. I was about to ask him if we can just go to Vivere Suite since we were not able to place a reservation in Jumbo Kingdom, when he asked me & the kids to dress up and that was around 6 pm... I asked him where we are going? then he replied that he had reserved 4 seats @ Jumbo Kingdom for 8 pm.Well, I am impressed...hmmm... anyways, Vivere Suites in Alabang was my 2nd option since I find the place romantic from our first dining experience last 2004 during our 6th Year Wedding Anniv. I not just loved the place (overlooking Laguna de Bay) but I liked the food as well and not to mention the cute stuff toy they compliment their guests.
4. after our Chinese dinner, we had some coffee @ starbucks and he handed me a small white envelope...inside was a gift check! Hurray! I can go shopping!!! Muah-muah-muah!!! Love you Papa...
The Jumbo Kingdom Experience:
Curious of what this floating restaurant in Manila Bay has to offer, I once mentioned to hubby if we can celebrate the day of the hearts at Jumbo Kingdom for a change, but I never thought that he will take it seriously as he did his reservation ahead of time. Sisterette Joan & her hubby Bobby had recently been there as well. Jumbo Kingdom was reportedly costing $600 million and was towed all the way from Hong Kong where it was formerly based.This giant ship which looks every inch like a majestic temple at night with its resplendent display of bright lights is always a sight to us whenever we are in Breakwater to jog or watched the sunset and we've been planning to have some eat at the said place but we never have time to push through 'til then.
It's been awhile since I last wore hubby's Anniversary gift for me last 2004 which is a set of Aquamarine jewelry and it planted a little smile on his face upon seeing them back on me...yeah! I know he's getting tired seeing me with my Tiffany's! hahaha... He on the other hand, looked perpect wearing the brown Guess polo whichI gave him this Valentines as a gift. We tagged along the kids because it's gonna be Diantha's 1st Valentine...a double celebration, that is.
We were seated @ table 313 by a service staff who also act like they’re virtual neophytes. It was fully booked but I didn't find the place romantic for the occasion. No candles nor flowers on the table...and the seats are very far apart from each other ( typical chinese restaurant ambiance). And although this might be our very first time here, we find the food not much to crow about; but my mouth certainly gaped at the expensive pieces of Orientalia ( I love the wooden plate holder & the heavy silver tipped chopsticks) as well as the intricate Chinese sculptures and paintings adorning the whole place. The most cozy spot is the open air roof deck on the fourth floor with a karaoke room , a bar and a bird's eye view of Manila’s skyline and sunset.
Hubby and I both love Chinese food but my verdict is that Jumbo Kingdom is not as good as the other Chinese restaurants we've been so far...well then, that was my VDay with my kids and my Valentino...! Hope you've had a nice Heart's Day as well... Till next Valentines. Stay in Love!

Thankies :)

Sweet On You Cherubs by Kay Eflin, Sweet Valentine AddOnKit by Stephani Whetsel, Atomic Cupcake, SP

1 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Beth {kewl_jive} said...

Wow! your hubby's really sweet...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • 8th Month!
  • 7th Month!
  • 6th Month!
  • 5th Month!
  • 4th Month!
  • Third Month!
  • Second Month!
  • First Month!